Wondfo strives to improve quality of life and human health by developing and improving upon point of care in vitro diagnostic tests. At Wondfo USA’s new R&D site, you will assist in designing and creating potentially life-saving devices for the healthcare market. As a crucial part of a dynamic team, you will be involved in developing research ideas, executing experiments, and strategizing, and developing these concepts into viable products.
- Lead a team in designing and implementing novel assays based on electrochemical detection methods
- Execute essential product development steps including feasibility studies, optimization, and testing of biological samples.
- Apply fundamental knowledge and good laboratory practice to develop assays with the end goal of detecting and quantifying biomarkers
- Provide direction and mentor junior Research Scientists and Research associates in areas of expertise. Supervise team members in laboratory operations, while leading complex, multifaceted projects.
- Prepare and present technical data summary for reports, protocols, and manufacturing procedures.
- Anticipate potential set-backs and implement preventative measures.
- Communicate effectively with both junior team members and with fellow senior scientists regarding project developments.
- Contribute to patentable inventions and publications.
- Lead design transfer from R&D to production, and process control effort in production
- Ph.D in engineering or a related science
- At least 2-3 years of experience in an industry setting, prefer biosensor related experience
- Must be able to independently design and implement experiments
- Must have experience in design transfer, and experience in process control in biosensor dispensing, lamination, and thick film printing
- Experience in process improvement, and statistical process control. Experience with JMP, R, Minitab or other statistical software
- Experience in electrochemical vitamin detection or electrochemical immunoassay is highly desirable
- Experience in working with methylene blue mediator based electrochemical sensing preferred
- Expertise in voltammetry, including Differential Pulse Voltammetry and Squarewave voltammetry
- Experience with nanomaterial (metal, carbon nano tube, carbon nano fiber, graphene) applications in biosensors
- Project management experience is preferred. Summarize data and present experiment result clearly and concisely
- Must be bilingual in Mandarin Chinese—written and verbal
- Some travel required, including international travel to China and other countries (15-25%)
- California local candidate only, no relocation is offered for this position
- Authorized to work in US
- Paid Holidays
- TBD depends on experience and education
- Must provide desired salary range to be considered